Monday, February 04, 2008

If i cared about the money, I wouldn't be doing this this week, but I am back to walking hard on the treadmill, and it felt great!

The first couple of times i went to work out this session, the only things available were bikes and ellipticals. Boo. So I wasn't too keen on going back. I didn't feel good, or feel like i got a good workout.

But this Sunday I got focused and made a schedule for work outs this week. I am going to try and make sure I am at the gym like I have to be at work, Early or on time. And since my shifts are at weird times of day, I can get a machine no problem at 10:15 in the morning!

I worked out today and it felt great, and I even found some songs that help me hit a fast stride and get the heart rate up at a safe level! I've always just shuffled songs on the ipod before, but it is hard to find ones you really want to hear during your work out when you have about 6000 songs, so about half of my time is spent shuffling. A little over halfway through my workout, I hit these four songs in a row, and they are totally going to be the end of a playlist I make for working out. (Yes, I'm that sickly excited about working out that I used the word 'totally'.)

Here's they are:

Styx - Blue Collar Man
Guns n Roses - Sweet Child of Mine
Maroon 5 - Harder to Breathe
Abba - Gimmee, Gimmee, Gimmee (A Man After Midnight)

I think some of the other workout people were staring at me because I was smiling the entire last half of my workout instead of looking like I was going to die. It was a very strange juxtaposition. Walking fast with a sweat-drenched shirt on a treadmill and smiling.

And now, over 8 hours later, i feel really energized and really good. I can't wait to go hit the treadmill again tomorrow! Watch out everyone, I'm going to take all of your money next session!!

ps. Family - there is a little something more in your emails, don't just read this and not read those! Thanks!

No comments: