Friday, February 15, 2008

Hello Primary Season, Goodbye Soul...or, wait....there is another option?

I can't believe I have stayed fairly silent about the political events going on over these past few months, but rest assured I have had some opinions. Of course, I now feel the need to share some things. Sorry if it seemes like preaching or anything...

Lately I've been hearing a lot about who had what idea first being a reason to vote for one person or another...

Does it matter who had the idea first?

Shouldn't it matter if a person believes it is a good idea and puts it into practice?

I'm tired of politicians, pundits, and citizens who complain about so and so did this first. We can't put all of our faith and hopes on a single person and that single persons ideas. That single person who will end up becoming the president of this country should come up with great ideas, yes, but also know a great idea when they see one and adopt it into their program.

Why the slavish adherence to what the polls suggest?

I think Bill Clinton was, and Hillary Clinton will be a poll-politician. They look and see what the people want, and pander to them. I am not suggesting Obama or any other politican doesn't listen to polls and take them under advisment. Just that they aren't as driven by them. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Clinton as a president moreso than any other president dyuring my lifetime, but I don't think any president can ever be the end all be all for a party. Clinton was not the epitomee of a great president. Reagan was not the epitomee of a great president. We can't look to the past and believe it was such a great time. We need to always be looking forward at what we can become.

I find myself watching American President over and over again this time of year. I kind of see why Christina used to watch it ALL THE TIME. She seriously watched it 30 times in a 30 day span once. I'm sure it was mostly due to the romance quality of it back then. But I know now that we can watch it over and over again becuase of how inspiring it is. Go back and watch that speech Michael Douglas gives. It gives me chills. Unfortunately that movie and the show the West Wing (both written by Aaron Sorkin) are the closest I have gotten into being inspired in politics. Until now.

A perfect storm of opportunity has hit this country to get someone in office that can not only affect policy stateside for the betterment of our people, improve our image and our role in the international community, and inspire citizens to work for the betterment of our country and humanity around the world.

Vote Obama for the world, for humanity, not just America. For all of us, not just for ourselves. Let's have a little less selfishness in this world, and a little more giving.

Let's get inspired people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.