Thursday, April 20, 2006

Blank Canvas

Ok everyone, I need your help.

Nah, let's make that input. I'll have less qualms about disregarding/choosing to ignore some input than I would saying no to help. Not saying that I will ignore anyone's input, but, C'mon, I know you people. You're friends with me, so I know what kind of crazy randomness you can come up with.

Here's the idea.

I have a blank wall. I would like to come up with an idea for what to do with it. First let me give you a general layout of the room with a few explanations of things currently on the wall.

Let's go counter-clockwise, sorry, I like being contrary.

North wall.
There's the doorway to the living room at the extreme right. The entryway that is the gaping maw to the bleakness that is my domain....Sorry, been reading some stuff about Dante lately...
On the back of the door there is a framed concert poster from Cowboy Mouth announcing their show at the Blue Note on Oct 30th, 2003. The night we met the Vox Fairy. (remember that Colonel?) Then we have the mini file cabinet with the photo of my lil cousin Shannon and the framed copy of the Little Mr & Mrs Book, 'Mr Bump'. Seriously, I'll save that one for another day.
Then we have the hanging photos. They are in a....
| _
_
|
pattern.
(clockwise from top...)
1) Currently blank...Looking for a suitable one from Mike & Tracy's wedding.
2) Baseball game, summer of 2003. Claire's visit to St Louis. Claire and Amy and my sis. Three of my favorite girls in the world.
3) Amers and I at the Capitol building in DC. My favorite pic of me and my best female friend ever. Love ya Ames.
4) My boys in Panama City. Jerod, Jerome, and Kris. J-Rod, Rome & The Colonel to most of you. Hanging out in the pool at Club La Vela after an afternoon of free beer after cover. Best and worst invention ever!

There is a large bulletin board to the right of the pictures. On it is a pic of Amy (lovely!) and I on top of the Empire State Building, random notes, a pic of a '50 Merc Coupe (beautiful!), a signed picture of Elisabeth Shue (gorgeous!), and random pins and buttons from the past, I'm talking Geography Bee, CLI, Flogging Molly concert, Confirmation, J.A., Blockbuster, and Varsity Tennis...I did say random...

West Wall
The sorts wall. Dresser and directors chair between doors. '82 World Series Coke Bottle and '6 Years, Six Playoffs' Blues Pepsi bottle on dresser. 'St Louis Blues Avenue' above the closet door. Budweiser 2006 Cardinals Calendar. Framed certificate from final Reg Season game at Old Busch stadium. Framed 'Forty Years, Countless Memories' poster from final game. Also on the dresser is a small set of books including a couple of old copies of some classics and some very old physics, math, and engineering texts. I'm talking 1918 old.
The door to my own private bathroom is on this wall as well and in the bathroom the decor continues sports. The 2004 NL champs Pennant and the 2003 Syracuse National Champs BBall pennant grace the walls in this extra room. My prized sports possession that most in the U.S. don't have is an actual Wimbledon Towel from the 2003 Championships. Now if I could just get that Arsenal Gunners warmup framed!

South Wall
Top of bed and a short bookshelf are against this wall. A couple of picture frames with the 'original people' in them graces this piece of furniture. As well as a silver book that has the following quote on it. 'Some books leave us free, and some books make us free.' Anyone know who that is from?
The wall has a window and next to the window a ceramic Irish Blessing hangs.
'May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be always at your back,
may the sun shine warm upon your face,
the rains fall soft upon your fields and,
until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.'

Above the bed hangs a small Chinese painting of the symbols meaning Wisdom & Knowledge, a multi layered paint of a jazz scene, and an abacus. Any puns come to mind with the abacus? Any?

East Wall

Nada except for a window. I have a large space for just about anything. I hope from explaining the rest of my decor, you get a general picture of what I'm about and could offer some constructive ideas.

here are a couple of ideas I had...

Multiple little frames with various quotes from songs from my favorite band, Cowboy Mouth. They have such good ones like,

'You gotta get up, you gotta find your heart, you gotta find your soul, you gotta find those strengths inside of yourself that make you take on the day, that make you take on the world, that makes you appreciate what goes on around you, that makes you glad to be aliiiiiive!'

MC Escher prints, but I have 8 of those already in the kitchen.

Movie photos/stills. But again, I already have many of those in the living room.

Any ideas? Input please! Necesito input. Johnny Five needs input!

No comments: