Thursday, February 12, 2009

6 Weeks down.....

Weighed in on Wednesday morning again. I moved to Thursdays for a bit to help with the poor weekends I had twice in a row. But now, I'm back where I belong!

And with a weigh in of 327.5,

I am 0.5 lbs ahead of my goal for the first 6 weeks!

I wasn't sure I could do an average of three pounds a week for that long, but I am super proud and am very excited to shoot for only two pounds a week now. I am actually counting calories to aim for losing 2.5 lbs because I think I can do that, and to create some possible wiggle room for a slight indulgence around St. Patty's. We will see...

Things I found out through these six weeks.

- I can do it!
- This past Tuesday I seriously thought of eating some stuff I shouldn't, but somehow my desire to hop on the treadmill was stronger than the desire for food. Scary huh?
- They say it takes 21 days to make a habit of something. I have tracked food for a solid 30 days, and feel weird to not track the food. Habit achieved! I hope Livestrong.com doesn't quit offering these tools for free!

Added goals for the next six weeks.

- I don't have a whole lot of goals to add because I accomplished so many through the first six weeks. I dropped soda, pretty much completely. I'm sure once the summer comes along I may indulge on my cheat days every now and again, but I have had a Pepsi and a Cranberry Splash Sierra Mist in the fridge for 2 weeks and not been even slightly enticed, even on cheat day. I have cut carbs & cholesterol to 100% of the R.D.A. for a 2000 calorie diet, and have averaged 291% R.D.A protein, 134% fiber, and my balance of protein to sugar is at about 1.5g protein for every 1g sugar

(I hear diabetics and those prone to diabetes should make sure they 'balance' their sugars and proteins. Is this supposed to be a straight one to one balance? So am I doing ok? Anyone?)

- Add some variety into my exercise. So far just been treadmill and outdoor walks. I hope to add some barbell, situps, pushups, as well as borrowing a Wii Fit from a friend who hasn't used it since the first two weeks after he bought it. Thanks Andy! Hoping to get a six week borrowing period out of him...
- Eat more veggies. Every other night I have been having salad & a hot green veggie. These tend to fill me up pretty good, but so that I don't crash, every other night I have been having a side of pasta or rice. I hope to cut that down to less than every other night. I especially need to be eating more during the day. Carrots, celery, etc.
- Still not ready to really tackle the salt issue. I need to eventually see a doctor and determine how out of control my salt really is. It might not be that bad...At this point I still need to keep an eye on the calories.
- Get all of this down to running like a machine. I will be needing to focus on a lot of other things over the next few weeks, so I can't spend all of my time doing this!

'Downwards' and Onwards into the Second 6 Weeks!

No comments: