Thursday, February 05, 2009

329.5!

Whew! I was a little worried there...

I weighed in on my usual Wednesday and it showed 334! Unhappy! So I looked back at my week, and knew I was in a little bit of trouble for the following reasons:

- I overdid Cheat Day a lot.

- I overdid Swing Day a bit. (SuperBowl Sunday, can you blame me?)

- I overdid Monday a lot a lot.

I had a good reason...(or so I tell myself)

I missed JoVanna!

JoVanna had to go to Sikeston to help people who were in a shelter down there due to the ice storms. All of the power was knocked out, so they had between 100-250 people there at the high school. Anyhow, with her gone I was lonely, and I had no one for myself to answer to. I think this is a very strong point in my success at losing weight this time around.

I have always (to my knowledge) been more likely to do things so as not to disappoint other people in my mind.

Let me clarify.

Say something is good for me to do. A.k.a. lose weight.
I don't seem to have some of that evolutionary necessary survival instinct/ego. I've never been very good at doing something for me. So, in my mind, losing weight for my health in a selfish manner, doesn't motivate me. Therefore, I need people that I FEEL will be disappointed in me if I fail, and subsequently proud of me if I succeed. THAT will motivate me. I've never felt like anyone would be disappointed in me for failing at something I tried my best at. Not JoVanna, my parents, siblings, family, or friends. So I have to externally place that feeling in them for me to succeed. That is why I tend/have/just do put myself out there and tell a lot of people about it. I feel sometimes people think I am bragging, but it's really this, I need to feel like I am disappointing A LOT of people if I do poorly.

That's my number one motivation. Don't disappoint.
That make sense?

Certainly I have other forms of motivation.

-I do feel better. My knees feel better. I would love to just feel better all the time. So my health is a motivating factor.

-I'd like to be around for a long time. For JoVanna, future kids, etc.

-I haven't felt a sense of accomplishment in a long time. This sense of accomplishment will help motivate me to get moving on getting into teaching, too.

But, the disappoint motivator is the one I can point to when the cravings hit. I need something that strong to use to combat those strong cravings.


Anyhow, long story short, I reweighed myself Thursday morning after being good Tues. & Wed. and found I was down to 329.5! I consumed a lot of sodium Sat-Mon, and I think that really messed me up. Working out Monday and Wednesday helped me sweat a lot of that out. That and some time helped drop me back down.

Goals Reached!

-Still On Track
-Belt Notch Down (2 so far!)
-Under 330
-Loss Noticed In Face By Customer Who Doesn't Know I'm Dieting (Yay!)
-Thanks to Tracy & Mike, I found I like Cherry Coke Zero, (although it is still too sweet to me right now!)

No comments: